Thursday, April 7, 2011

Akeela And The Bee


Akeela and The Bee is not a box office movie but it is enough to portray a few good moral values especially for me a teacher will be.

Entertainment Values
It is a story about a bright young girl Akeela whom should I say is a walking dictionary. She then enters a spelling competition and being train by Dr Larabee. However, I just want to talk about how Akeela learn the art of spelling bee. I remember a scerne when Dr Larabee told Akeel that all complicated words consist of simple words. For example, hydrophanous after being extended from the word hydro. I do not want to spoiled the movie by telling the ending, so I just want to say that is play a great deal for a students and a teacher.

 For me as a B. Ed TESL student
As for me, a B. Ed TESL students I feel ashamed compapred to her mountains of words that she knows. I need to start kicking up the horse again and to do so I already started to read a few different genres of books.
This story also reminds me of my childhood life. As a kid, people called me the Gods of English as I am good in every aspect of English subject including vocabulary, grammar, and writing but except speaking. I started to get lazy when I started studying in Maktab Pergururan. When I was a kid, English was life my passion. There isn’t any single day that I did not learn English. My dad is an English teacher and I am the one who had only possessed his specialty of English. My friends even asked me, “How did you memorize the dictionary”. Proudly, I said “my dad is my walking dictionary”. Every minute I asked him new English words despite the place. I even asked him when he is in the toilet. However, now without my father’s I have a habit not liking a dictionary. So I need to start working on my own and not being dependent to my father anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment