Thursday, April 7, 2011

Little Stars On Earth


Lastly, I would like to review on the movie Taare Zameen Par that is just being shown in class. Although no one from my class dares to comment on this movie, I still want to review it because for me it is yet the greatest movie I had watch so far in my whole life. Although, I had already watch this movie long before Miss Alicia show it in class.

Entertainment Values
The genius Aamir Khan had successfully shocked the world with his movie and his decision on portraying the issue of dyslexia through his movie. This movie is about a dyslexic boy Ishan Nandikishore Awasthi who fights with the whole world with the help of his beloved teacher Ram Shankar Nikumbh. He face a lot of difficulties as his teachers, friend, even his own family sees him as a trouble maker and had problem with attitude, until Ram came and realize Ishan problem and slowly mold him into a successful students. Can you imagine if the Ishaan did not meet Ram and I am sure that he would soon grow up to be a criminal or maybe a lunatic? This movie had changes my perspective on everything.

For me as a B. Ed TESL student
It is very important for an English teacher like me. Who knows someday, I might teach a dyslexic students. However, they are something that bothers me a lot ever since I watch the movie. In the movie Ram notice Ishaan problem and manage to change him, but the problem is that he notice it when Ishaan is still a boy. As for me who teach secondary school, how will I teach these kinds of students? I have been thinking a lot ever since, that it would too late for a dyslexic students to be changed during their secondary school life. So I had decided that however hard it or late it would to teach a dyslexic students, I will never give up until they can keep up although by sacrificing my own time. That is my vow as a teacher. Just like Ram the teacher who use his own time in teaching Ishaan.

No comments:

Post a Comment