Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lean On Me

Entertainment Values
Lean on Me is another great movie aside from Akeela The Bee. This is also a movie about the life of a teacher who opposed the whole system of education but yet stand a winner at last. Despite being opposed by other teacher, yet he stands with his own principle in teaching. This story shows the life of a black teacher who is trying to correct his old school that is now became “An Evil Nest”.
             
For me as B. Ed TESL student
This story means a lot to me as I learned that being academically good is not enough to teach a student. A teacher need to have a pure heart where academic comes second. Maybe, when I became a teacher I will also being opposed by other teachers and students. I know that one day as a teacher I also will encounter some problematic students and need to find ways on how to dealing with them. One thing that I learned about dealing with delinquent students is that “there is no such thing as delinquent students”.
           
            As a student’s once, my teacher always treat me as a delinquent student and so did it happen, I truly became delinquent. Maybe it is wrong for me to blame the teachers of me being a delinquent, but as so Mr Clark I stand high with my principle and will never treat my students delinquently. I will never repeat the same mistake that my teacher did.   
            There is huge different between being strict and being bias. Mr Clark is being strict unlike other teacher who seems to care for the students but in fact he is the one who truly care for his students. I also need to be like Mr Clark who accepts all my students equally despite everything they had done. As the title goes, my students will surely can lean on me on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment