Thursday, April 7, 2011

Monalisa Smile


When I first watch this movie, I did not see any significant of why Dr Jaya show this movie in class. However, through at the middle of the movie I can see that this movie also is another great movie apart from “Akeela and The Bee” and “Lean On Me”.

Entertainment Values
The scene that triggers my mind towards liking the movie is when Katherine Watson made something to shut her students’ mouth up. This movie shows the life of arrogant students who thinks that they are better than teachers. So this young art teacher decided to show a picture apart from textbook and asked her students to interpret them. As the result, they all failed to interpret it correctly and realize their mistake then soon became friends with their teacher. The heroine in this movie tried to teach her students to think out of the box and not to cram their head too much with textbooks and syllabus.

For me as a B. Ed TESL student
Nowadays, students seem to be better than teacher. So I need to prepare myself in getting in this situation. I also do not want my students to rely too much on textbook or in other words exam-oriented. I want all my students will be able to think creatively using their vast imagination. I know, by doing that I will be opposing the whole system of teaching. However, I stand still with my principal on preparing my students to face the future life and not on just getting good exam results. As post in “Lean On Me” section I still hope that my students will get the best of both in life and in exam.   

No comments:

Post a Comment